- Leap and Learn (45 minute class)A program developed for parents/caregivers and their 9 to 36 month old child. Through the use of fun filled activities, including bubbles, puppets, songs and parachutes, infants and toddlers up to age three develop physical, social and cognitive skills. At Leap and Learn your child will experience EMOTIONAL GROWTH, GROSS & FINE MOTOR GROWTH and SOCIAL GROWTH. Let’s get moving! Let’s get learning!
- Mommy & Me (30 minute class)For children ages 22 months to 3 years and their parents or caregiver. A unique introductory class designed to introduce children to dance and musical movement. This class provides the opportunity for parents to accompany and interact with their child in a fun, yet structured environment. This class helps build social skills which includes following instruction, listening, dancing individually and dancing in pairs and groups. The class also helps to develop balance, coordination, poise and creative expression and fully prepares the child for the next level of class where they are independent of their parent.
- Pre School 1 (45 minute class)For children ages 2.5-3 who like to move. Children will learn basic coordination skills, class participation and develop a sense of musicality. Pre- Ballet, Tap and Jazz will be introduced at this level. Children need to have a good attention span and be out of diapers.
- Pre School 2 (45 minute class)For children ages 4 who are able to listen to and follow directions and have a good attention span. Pre- Ballet, Tap and Jazz skills continue to be taught at this level.
- Kinderdance (1 hour class)For children ages 5-6 who can follow directions and focus for a full hour class. Children will learn more advanced coordination skills. Primary tap fundamentals are introduced at this level.
- Kinderdance 2 (1 hour class)For experienced dancers ages 5 to 6 who have successfully completed two of Pre School dance at SMDC.
- Ballet/Tap & Ballet/Jazz (1 hour class)For children ages 6-7 who really want to dance! These classes are half hour Ballet and half hour either Tap or Jazz. Fundamental Ballet skills are introduced at this level.
- Ballet/Jazz 2 (1 1/2 hour class)For experienced dancers ages 6-8 with three years dance experience in the SMDC dance program. Each class is 45 minutes in length and children will perform in both a Ballet Dance and Jazz Dance in the Recital.
- Jazz/Tap 2 (1 1/2 hour class)For experienced dancers age 7 to 9 with four years experience in the SMDC dance program. The class will consist of 45 minute instruction in both Jazz and Tap. Students will perform two dances, Jazz and Tap, in our annual recital. Ballet Basics is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED at this level.
- Combo Classics Intermediate (Ages 8-11 / 2 hours)Our new INTERMEDIATE Combo Class Program allows dancers to attend class once a week incorporating the fundamental techniques of Jazz, Tap and Ballet. The length of class time increases as the dancers progresses in age, interest and ability. Children will perform in two Recital dances, Tap and Jazz.
- Combo Classics Teen (Ages 12 and up / 2 1/2 hours)Our new TEEN Combo Class Program allows dancers to attend class once/twice a week incorporating the fundamental teachings of Jazz, Tap and Ballet. The length of class time increases as the dancers progresses in age, interest and ability. Children will perform in two Recital dances, Tap and Jazz.
- Ballet Basics (1 hour class)A class for dancers ages 7 to 11. Fundamental Ballet instruction with an emphasis on correct body placement and proper technique and character steps (a fun way to introduce Ballet training into your child’s dance program). A MUST for any aspiring dancer.
- Hip Hop (1 hour class)Primary – Ages 6-8
Intermediate – Ages 8 – 12
Teen – Ages 12 and Up
- Acro/Tumbling Classes for Dancers
Acrobatic training teaches flexibility, balance, strength, muscle control, and above all, discipline and concentration. Basic tumbling skills can be an added bonus for any dancer. With careful quality instruction, a dancer will gain more flexibility and upper body strength, giving him or her a substantial advantage in today’s demanding choreography. Classes vary in length.
Acro 1/2 Ages 4-6 or Beginner Level
Acro 2/3 Ages 7-10 or Intermediate Level
Acro 3/4 Ages 10+ or Advanced Level
Students will be evaluated and placed in both an age and level appropriate class.
All Company 1 and Company 2 students must be enrolled in a weekly Acro/Tumbling Class.